OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Wednesday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find our full coronavirus coverage here.
- 180 new cases of COVID-19 brings the total number of cases in Douglas County to 11,629 since the outbreak began in March.
- Over the past day, the Health Department received two new death certificates related to COVID-19. A man and a woman, bother over 75 years of age, sadly have passed. The total number of lives lost in the county from the pandemic increases to 140.
- The county has confirmed 7,835 county residents have recovered from the illness.
NEBRASKA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONAL SERVICES:
Today, Director Scott R. Frakes announced that two staff members with the Nebraska Department of Correctional Services (NDCS) is positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19). The staff members are employed at the Lincoln Correctional Center (LCC). They are self-isolating at home.
Notification will be provided to those who live and work in the facility as to the new positive case. In addition, anyone who may have had close contact with the staff members will be directed to self-quarantine until they are cleared by a medical provider.
This brings the total number of NDCS staff members diagnosed with COVID-19 to 52. Forty of those individuals have recovered from COVID-19.
THREE RIVERS PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Three Rivers Public Health Department (3RPHD) reports total lab-confirmed COVID-19 cases within the district as follows:
- Dodge County: 836 cases
- Saunders County: 166 cases
- Washington County: 126 cases
- Total 3RPHD Case Count: 1128 cases
As of Wednesday afternoon, the Omaha Metropolitan Health Care Coalition (OMHCC) which consists of Dodge, Saunders, Washington, Douglas and Sarpy county hospitals reported 231 medical beds available and 109 patients were hospitalized with COVID-19. Of the 431 ventilators available to area hospitals, 131 were in use, including 15 for confirmed or suspect COVID-19 patients.
The COVID-19 Community Risk Dials for the Three Rivers Public Health Department (3RPHD) jurisdiction of Dodge, Washington, and Saunders counties has been updated for the week. Just as a reminder our risk dials are updated each Wednesday and posted by the end of day.
- Entire Three Rivers Health Jurisdiction: 2.00 Current Week 1.63 Previous Week
- Dodge County: 2.00 Current Week 1.75 Previous Week
- Washington County: 1.50 Current Week 1.75 Previous Week
- Saunders County: 1.75 Current Week 1.63 Previous Week
You can find more information about the risk dials at https://www.threeriverspublichealth.org/COVID-19-Updates
LINCOLN-LANCASTER COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- 23 additional cases for a total of 3,384 cases
- Number of deaths remains at 19