OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — The Douglas County Health Department reported 256 new COVID-19 cases on Friday.
The Omaha Metropolitan Health Care Coalition — which encompasses Douglas, Sarpy, Saunders, Dodge and Washington counties in Nebraska, plus hospitals in Council Bluffs and Missouri Valley, Iowa — releases updated COVID-19 case counts and hospital capacity report to the Douglas County Health Department on a near-daily basis.
According to the most recent local hospital report received Thursday afternoon:
- Medical and surgical beds are at 92% occupancy with 108 staffed beds available.
- Adult ICU beds are occupied at a 96% rate with 12 staffed beds available.
- There are 324 individuals hospitalized who have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- 84 are receiving adult ICU-level care.
- Thirty-seven individuals who were confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 are on ventilators.
- Five pediatric patients are confirmed among those hospitalized.
- Pediatric ICU beds are at 91% capacity with 12 beds available.
- There are nine additional COVID-19 persons of interest (generally waiting for test results) to report, with eight potential adult and one potential pediatric case.