OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — Now that COVID-19 vaccines are being administered to some individuals, the FBI has put out a list of red flags for people to be aware of.
- You are asked to pay out of pocket to get the vaccine.
- You are asked to pay to put your name on a vaccine waiting list or to get early access.
- Advertisements for vaccines through social media platforms, email, telephone calls, online, or from unsolicited/unknown sources.
- Marketers offering to sell or ship doses of the vaccine for payment.
If you believe you’re a victim of COVID-19 vaccine fraud, immediately report it to:
- HHS-OIG Hotline: 1-800-HHS-TIPS | tips.hhs.gov
- FBI Hotline: 1-800-CALL-FBI | ic3.gov
- CMS/Medicare Hotline: 1-800-MEDICARE
In addition, the FBI said you should never give out personal information to unknown sources.