OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — On Monday, the Douglas County Health Department reported 77 new positive COVID-19 tests have been received in its semi-weekly report since last Thursday. During this time, the DCHD did not receive any new confirmed COVID-19-related death certificates, and the number of COVID-19-related deaths in Douglas County during the pandemic remains at 1,102.
According to the most recent local hospital update received by DCHD late Sunday:
- Medical and surgical beds are at 83% occupancy with 242 staffed beds available.
- Adult ICU beds are occupied at an 80% rate with 60 staffed beds available.
- Pediatric ICU beds are at 89% capacity with 15 beds available.
- There are 79 individuals hospitalized due to COVID-19,
- including 76 adults and three pediatric cases.
- Fourteen of the adults are receiving ICU-level care.
- There are three additional adult COVID-19 persons of interest (generally waiting for test results).
- Four individuals who are confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 are on ventilators.
The number of positive cases since March of 2020 now totals 149,981.