OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — According to the latest report from the Douglas County Health Department, an unvaccinated woman in her 50s and a vaccinated man in his 90s are the latest victims of COVID-19 in the county.
The total number of deaths is now up to 795.
The department also reported an additional 127 cases for a total of 83,473 since the pandemic began in March of 2020.
Other data from the department:
- According to the most recent local hospital report received yesterday (Thursday) afternoon:
- Medical and surgical beds were at 89% occupancy with 145 staffed beds available and adult ICU beds were occupied at an 91% rate with 27 staffed beds available.
- There were 186 individuals hospitalized who have been diagnosed with COVID-19, with 62 of them receiving adult ICU level care. Five pediatric patients were confirmed among those hospitalized.
- There were six additional COVID-19 persons of interest (generally waiting for test results), with 4 suspected adult cases and two suspected potential pediatric cases.
- Thirty-four individuals who were confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 were on ventilators.