Mayor Jean Stothert announced a new recycling initiative Thursday.
OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) - After a request for more glass recycling locations throughout the metro, the city announced today it is expanding its program.
The goal is to keep glass out of landfills.
Glass cannot be recycled curbside because it contaminates other recyclables like paper and cardboard.
With the addition of two bins in West Omaha, there were nine purple bins added throughout the city in partnership with Keep Omaha Beautiful and Ripple Glass.
Here is the full list:
- Hy-Vee, 1000 S. 178th St.
- Fresh Thyme, 14949 Evans Plaza
- Benson Livery, 2725 N. 62nd St.
- Heartland Park, 800 Douglas St.
- Western Douglas County Chamber of Commerce, 20801 Elkhorn Drive
- North 75th and Corby Streets
- Firstar Fiber, 10330 “I” St., east entrance
- 2574 Douglas St.
- River City Recycling, 6404 S. 60th St.