PACIFIC JUNCTION, Iowa. (KMTV) — The final round of flood debris removal is scheduled for July 8th through July 12th for residents of Pacific Junction.
Signed "Right of Entry" forms must be on file for pick-up to occur. All debris must be placed in the right of way by Monday for pick-up during the week. The Iowa Department of Transportation and Sell Construction will be providing the pick-up. Debris must be sorted into the following categories or pick-up will not occur.
- Vegetative debris: Tree branches, leaves, logs, and plants. Mills County officials say to not bag this material.
- Construction/Demolition material: Carpet, drywall, furniture, lumber, mattresses, plumbing materials (including tubs, showers, toilets, sinks, vanities, etc.,) shingles and tiles.
- Appliances: Air conditioners, refrigerators, furnaces, freezers, stoves, water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines and dryers.
- Electronics: Computers, televisions, stereos, radios and other devices with an electrical cord.
- Household hazardous waste: Cleaning supplies, lawn chemicals, oils, oil-based paints and stains, pesticides.
All debris piles shall be placed at the edge of the road, and should not be placed in an area to block or disrupt water flow through the ditches. If a property owner cannot reasonably place debris within the right of way, please contact the Mills County Engineer's Office at 712-527-4873. If Right of Entry forms are needed, these can be supplied by the engineer's office.