LINCOLN, Neb. (KMTV) — Governor Pete Ricketts has ordered the extension of five executive orders supporting flood relief efforts.
Executive Order 19-07 extends the original orders of 19-02 through 19-06.
- 19-02: Suspends the length and weight hauling requirements for motor carriers assisting with disaster relief efforts, and permits drivers of commercial motor vehicles to work longer hours than typically allowed under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration in order to transport urgently needed equipment and supplies.
- 19-03: Gives livestock owners a reasonable amount of time, beyond the usual 36 hours, to properly bury or dispose of deceased livestock lost due to extreme weather.
- 19-04: Suspends the requirements for trip permits for certain vehicles engaged in flood relief.
- 19-05: Extends the response time for locate requests in flood-impacted communities.
- 19-06: Suspends the fee that solid waste disposal facilities normally pay to the Department of Environmental Quality. (DEQ)
The extension runs through May 15.