OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — The Nebraska Department of Transportation (NDOT) says the Center Street bridge over the Elkhorn River will not reopen until this summer.
NDOT says the Center Street Bridge will not reopen until at least July. It is currently being replaced.
Key Points from the NDOT/IDOT joint press conference:
- Nearly a third of Nebraska roads were closed due to storm/flood damage. Currently, they are down to 32 miles of road closures.
- 190 miles of damaged roads
- 27 bridges were damaged...currently 12 are still closed
- Total damage cost assessment of $100 million on Nebraska's highways
- Estimated closure of Highway 91 east of Nickerson until June
- Estimated closure of Highway 30 from Fremont to Arlington until Spring
- Estimated closure of Dodge, west of Omaha, until June
- They are aware that Highway 75, which has become a popular detour due to I-29's closing, is causing stress to communities and roadways south of Omaha and that it may lead to necessary repairs
You can view the list of current repair projects at NDOT's website located at https://dot.nebraska.gov/news-media/nebraska-flood-2019/
They say employees have worked tirelessly, some working eight weeks straight without weekends to open roads for Nebraska.