NewsCommunityVista SemanalLocal

Actions

Garage starts on fire after individuals set off firework

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-KMTV.png
Posted at 3:00 PM, Jun 02, 2019
and last updated 2019-06-02 16:00:42-04

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — A fire started in an attached garage of a single-story home near 87th & Grand Ave. Sunday morning after a firework went off.

The Omaha Fire Department says around 10:30 a.m., two individuals were playing with fireworks when they discharged one and it struck right next to the garage door.

Four occupants were home at the time. No injuries were reported and the fire caused minimal damage.

The cause of the fire is determined to be accidental due to "careless and reckless shooting of fireworks."

Smoke detectors were not present.

OPD will install smoke detectors for free. Call 402-444-3560 for more information.