MILLS COUNTY, Iowa. (KMTV) — The last round of flood debris pickup is scheduled for July 8th through the 12th for residents of Mills County.
Signed right of entry forms must be on file in order for pick-up to occur. All debris piles must be placed within 10 feet of the edge of the closest road by the 8th for pick up during that week, Mills County says.
The Iowa Department of Transportation and Sell Construction will be providing debris pick up.
Mills County says debris must be sorted into the following categories or pick up won't happen:
• Vegetative debris – Tree branches, leaves, logs & plants. DO NOT BAG this material.
• Construction/Demolition material – Carpet, drywall, furniture, lumber, mattresses, plumbing materials (including but not limited to tubs, showers, toilets, sinks, vanities, etc.…), shingles and tiles.
• Appliances – Air conditioners, refrigerators, furnaces, freezers, stoves, water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines and dryers.
• Electronics – Computers, televisions, stereos, radios and other devices with an electrical cord.
• Household Hazardous Waste – Cleaning supplies, lawn chemicals, oils, oil-based paints and stains, pesticides
If a property owner cannot place debris within 10 feet of the edge of the road, contact the Mills County Engineer's Office at (712)-527-4873 to make other arrangements.
Debris pick-up for those who have not been able to access their homes will be identified and arranged on an as-needed basis.