Actions

14 Douglas County Health Center residents fully recovered from COVID-19

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-KMTV.png
Posted at 5:35 PM, May 17, 2020
and last updated 2020-05-17 18:35:44-04

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — Douglas County Health Center officials confirmed on Sunday that 14 residents who previously tested positive for COVID-19 have recovered fully.

According to the health center, three residents remain hospitalized but are in stable condition. There are currently no active cases at the facility.

“This is a relief and we are grateful to be on the road to recovery, but we are still seeing what’s happening with the number of positive cases outside the facility,” said Erin Nelson, administrator of the Douglas County Health Center. “Our goal is to stay COVID-19 free and our staff is on board to continue the fight. Our focus is to continue to support the residents and to maintain engagement with their families as the visitor ban continues for the facility.”

Since March 29, the facility has seen 37 positive COVID-19 cases total involving 23 long-term care residents and 14 employees, including six residents who have died.

Twelve of the employees who tested positive are fully recovered and back at work.

The health center said they continue to follow CDC guidelines for daily screening, Personal Protective Equipment use and on-site testing.

Mary Ann Borgeson, Douglas County Commissioner, said she continues to be impressed by the facility's leadership.

“It’s incredible to see our administration and staff keeping each other safe while also providing a high level of quality care,” said Borgeson. “Working during this COVID-19 pandemic is no easy feat, and all of our employees are doing it with pride.”