OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Friday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find our full coronavirus coverage here.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- 140 new cases of COVID-19. That brings the total number of cases in Douglas County to 10,332 since the outbreak began in March.
- The Health Department received no new death certificates related to COVID-19 during the past day. The total number of lives lost in the county from the pandemic remains at 134.
- The department has confirmed 6,824 of the cases among county residents have recovered from the illness.
- As of our most recent report, received Friday, metro area hospitals had 245 medical and surgical beds available for an 82 percent occupancy rate. There were 106 inpatients diagnosed with COVID-19 and 34 additional persons of interest (generally waiting for test results). Twelve COVID-19 patients were on ventilators.
- The 50th and G test site will reopen on Sunday at 8 a.m.
LINCOLN-LANCASTER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- 53 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Lancaster County today, bringing the community total to 3,074.
- The number of deaths in the community remains at 15.
- Test Nebraska has also moved to the Gateway Mall location. Testing is offered from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Testing is now open to all Lancaster County residents. Testing is by appointment only.