OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Wednesday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find our full coronavirus coverage here.
DCHD and its clinic partners, UNMC, Nebraska Medicine, and OneWorld Community Health Centers, are reopening the drive-thru clinic at 50th and G Streets on Sunday, July 12. Testing will be from 8 a.m. until noon on Sunday and from 1-5 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- 85 new cases of COVID-19 for a total of 8,049 since the outbreak began in March
- 2 new deaths for a total of 105 in Douglas County
- A man and a woman, both over 70 years of age are the latest fatalities
- 4,694 of the cases among county residents have recovered from the illness
- 86 patients hospitalized with COVID-19
- Of the 363 ventilators available to area hospitals, 116 were in use, including 16 for confirmed COVID-19 patients
- 309 medical and surgical beds available for a 78% occupancy rate
- 33 new cases for a total of 2,061
- No new deaths. Total fatal cases remains at 13.
- 740 have recovered from the illness
- 31,487 have been tested.
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONAL SERVICES
A staff member employed at the Nebraska State Penitentiary (NSP) has tested positive for COVID-19. The person is self-isolating at home.
This brings the total number of NDCS staff members diagnosed with COVID-19 to 24. Twenty of those individuals have recovered from COVID-19.