OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Thursday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find school cases here.
LINCOLN-LANCASTER COUNTY COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) announced that 213 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Lancaster County today, bringing the community total to 10,455.
- The number of deaths in the community remains at 50.
- Recoveries: up from 4,293 to 4,320
- Overall positivity rate:
- Lancaster County – up from 9.7 percent to 9.8 percent
- State – up from 12.3 percent to 12.5 percent
- National – remains at 7.6 percent
- Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 94 with 46 from Lancaster County (four on ventilators) and 48 from other communities (three on ventilators).
- The COVID-19 Risk Dial is at “Elevated Orange,” indicating a high risk of the virus spreading.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT (DCHD)
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Daily confirmed coronavirus cases in Iowa skyrocketed to more than 4,500 as the number of people being treated in hospitals also continued to climb.
The Iowa Department of Public Health reports there were 4,562 new confirmed cases in the past 24 hours and 20 more deaths. The seven-day rolling average of the positivity rate in Iowa has risen over the past two weeks from 26% on Oct. 21 to over 39% on Nov. 4, according to researchers at Johns Hopkins University.
Iowa’s rate is second in the nation behind South Dakota. State data shows 839 people were being treated for COVID-19 in hospitals, a new high that is expected to increase in the coming days.