OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Friday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find our full coronavirus coverage here.
- 107 new cases of COVID-19 reported for a total 14,318 total cases in Douglas County since the outbreak began in March.
- 2 new deaths were reported during the past day related to the pandemic, bringing the total number of fatal cases to 178.
- 10,581 county residents have recovered from the illness.
- The weekly positivity rate is about 7%.
LINCOLN-LANCASTER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) announced that 153 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Lancaster County today, bringing the community total to 4,957.
- The number of deaths in the community remains at 21.
- Recoveries: up from 2,025 to 2,039
- Overall positivity rate:
- Lancaster County – up from 7.5 percent to 7.6 percent
- State – remains at 9.5 percent
- National – remains at 8.6 percent
- Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 27 with nine from Lancaster County (one on ventilator) and 18 from other communities (one on ventilator).
- The COVID-19 Risk Dial is at “Orange,” indicating a high risk of the virus spreading.
There are also 3 additional long-term care facility outbreaks including one in Mills County. IDPH is reporting there are six cases related to Glen Haven Village. https://t.co/n41qGUAOBQ— Courtney Johns (@CourtneyJohnsTV) September 11, 2020