OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — On Thursday, the Douglas County Health Department reported that 353 new positive COVID-19 tests have been received since the most recent report on Monday, when 333 new cases were reported. During this time, the DCHD did not receive any new COVID-19-related death certificates. The number of COVID-19-related deaths in Douglas County during the pandemic remains at 1,120.
According to the most recent local hospital update received by DCHD late Wednesday:
- Medical and surgical beds are occupied at an 85% occupancy rate with 212 staffed beds available.
- Adult ICU beds are occupied at an 83% rate with 53 staffed beds available.
- Pediatric ICU beds are at 86% of capacity with 19 beds available.
- There are 82 individuals hospitalized due to COVID-19,
- two are pediatric cases.
- Twelve are receiving ICU-level care.
- There is one additional adult COVID-19 person of interest (generally waiting for test results).
- Four people who are confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 were on a ventilator.
The number of positive cases since March of 2020 now totals 151,982.