OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — The Douglas County Health Department reported 246 additional COVID-19 cases on Tuesday along with five more deaths.
With the new cases, the total is now up to 80,631 since the pandemic began in March of 2020. Deaths are up to 760.
Three of the deaths involved unvaccinated people and they were all men between 50 and 75.
Other data from the department:
- According to the most recent local hospital report received yesterday (Monday) afternoon:
- Medical and surgical beds were at 81% occupancy with 262 beds available and adult ICU beds were occupied at an 85% rate with 44 beds available.
- There were 189 individuals hospitalized who have been diagnosed with COVID-19, with 56 of them receiving adult ICU level care.
- Nine pediatric patients were confirmed among those hospitalized.
- There were six additional COVID-19 persons of interest (generally waiting for test results), with five of them adults and one potential pediatric case.
- Twenty-eight individuals who were confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 were on ventilators.
Clinics happening this week: