BELLEVUE, Neb. (AP) — Four people were injured when a second-floor outdoor deck collapsed during a barbecue in suburban Omaha, trapping the people and leaving serious burns on one woman when a hot charcoal grill fell on her.
First responders said the incident happened around 9 p.m. Sunday at a home in Bellevue.
Officials say several people were on the deck when it collapsed, causing them to fall 10- to 12-feet to the ground.
Four people, including the woman with first- and second-degree burns, were taken to local hospitals.
Officials say some people at the scene declined treatment.