Some people around the metro are holding off on the tap water.
"It doesn't taste good, I don't drink it, I drink bottle water."
Around this time every year, MUD says they expose the water to chlorine longer to kill off bacteria during spring runoff season.
"That's a typical way of treating water to make sure it kills bacteria and parasites that may have been in the water," said Tracey Christensen.
Spokesperson Tracey Christensen says when snow melt runs off into creeks and rivers, it picks up dirt, sediment and bacteria.
It's common for people to taste the chlorine in their tap water.
"When you drink it straight, it's got a funny taste."
While others say they've yet to notice a difference.
"It's clear as you can tell, I have no problems with it at all."
Whether you taste it or not, Christensen says it's totally safe to drink.
"It continues to meet all federal and state standards for drinking water, this is something that happens every spring," said Christensen.
Christensen says running the water for about 30 seconds before taking a sip, will eliminate the taste.
Although some they say they'd still rather go without.
"It's always tasted funny since the day I moved in here 54 years ago."
You can check the quality if your water at http://www.mudomaha.com/our-company/our-services/water/quality