NewsLocal News

Actions

Council Bluffs fire blamed on improper disposal of smoking materials

Posted at 6:17 PM, Apr 26, 2021
and last updated 2021-04-28 15:34:42-04

COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (KMTV) - Crews battled an apartment fire at the Copper Creek Apartments on Monday.

Crews responded to the complex at 2704 East Kanesville shortly before 3 p.m. and found heavy fire extending up the exterior balconies into the attic.

The fire was under control in about an hour. Fire officials said all apartment residents made it out safely.

One firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion but has since been released from a local hospital.

The cause of the fire was determined to be improper disposal of smoking materials.

Download our apps today for all of our latest coverage.

Get the latest news and weather delivered straight to your inbox.