NewsLocal News

Actions

Dog and cat die in Omaha house fire Thursday night

Omaha Emergency Response
Posted at 7:20 AM, Jan 27, 2023

The Omaha Fire Department says a dog and a cat died in a house fire late Thursday night which was caused by excessive lint in a dryer vent tube.

Crews responded to the fire near 37th and Spencer St. around 10:40 p.m. where smoke was showing on arrival and a working fire was declared.

A resident evacuated the home before firefighters arrived. The fire was quickly extinguished and no injuries were reported.

Three cats were rescued from the home.

Download our apps today for all of our latest coverage.

Get the latest news and weather delivered straight to your inbox.