OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — On Thursday, the Douglas County Health Department (DCHD) three additional COVID-related deaths and 172 new cases.
The total number of cases in the county now rests at 61,620.
The total number of deaths is now up to 611. Those include “one woman and two men over the age of 75.”
In the past two weeks, 163 cases have been reported among students and staff at county schools. Those cases include 69 staff members and 94 students.
Other data from the department:
- There are 153 people in quarantine with 445 individuals self monitoring.
- DCHD reports that 49,044 Douglas County residents have recovered from the disease.
- According to the most recent local hospital report received yesterday afternoon, medical and surgical beds were at 78% occupancy with 340 beds available and adult ICU beds are occupied at a 71% rate with 97 beds available.
- There were 176 individuals hospitalized who have been diagnosed with COVID-19, with 65 of them receiving adult ICU level care.
- There are also 10 more persons of interest (generally waiting for test results).
- Twenty-one individuals who were confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 were on ventilators.