On Friday, the Douglas County Health Department (DCHD) nine more COVID-19-related deaths.
The additional deaths include "six women ranging in age from their 50s to their 90s and three men over the age of 80" for a total of 518 to date.
Three-hundred-sixty-three additional cases have been reported for a total of 55,615 to date.
The department said 37,695 residents have recovered from the virus since the start of the pandemic.
Other details from the DCHD:
- Medical and surgical beds were at 79% occupancy with 324 beds available and adult ICU beds are occupied at a 69% rate with 103 beds available.
- There were 245 individuals hospitalized who have been diagnosed with COVID-19, with 77 of them receiving adult ICU level care.
- There are also 18 more persons of interest (generally waiting for test results).
- Forty-one individuals who were confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 were on ventilators.
LINCOLN-LANCASTER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) today announced that two more residents have died from COVID-19. The deaths included a woman in her 80s in an assisted living facility and a man in his 80s who was hospitalized. The total number of deaths in Lancaster County is now 167.
- LLCHD reports 201 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Lancaster County today, bringing the community total to 23,973. Today’s case number includes a small number of cases from yesterday that were not reported until this morning.
- Recoveries: up from 7,671 to 7,821
- Weekly positivity rate:
- December 27 through January 2: 33.7 percent
- January 3 through 8: 30.9 percent
- Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 93 with 58 from Lancaster County (four on ventilators) and 35 from other communities (four on ventilators)