News

Actions

Apartment complex fire leaves 23 people...

Posted at 7:42 AM, Apr 13, 2016
and last updated 2016-04-13 14:29:06-04
Firefighters battled an apartment fire that left nearly two dozen people without a home. 
 
It happened around 11:00 on Tuesday night near the Maple Ridge Apartment Complex near 110th and Maple. 
 
It took hours for crews to put the fire out, they also had to deal with a roof collapse. 
 
The American Red Cross was on hand to help those who needed a place to stay.  
 
No one was hurt.  Fire investigators say the improper and careless use of a charcoal grill on a deck with high winds started the fire which caused an estimated $225,000 in damage.