NewsLocal News

Actions

Fire breaks out at Wahoo church

Wahoo church fire.jpg
Posted at 2:13 PM, May 28, 2019
and last updated 2019-05-28 15:52:46-04

WAHOO, Neb. (KMTV) — Firefighters from Wahoo and Mead responded to a fire at the First Presbyterian Church in Wahoo Tuesday morning.

According to Mead Fire Chief Nick Raver, an electric cross on the outside of the building caught fire around 8 a.m.

He said crews put the fire out in time and kept it from spreading further.

The church says the fire caused exterior damage.

Raver says the fire marshal determined an electrical malfunction caused it.