Each holiday, dozens of Nebraskans injure themselves in fireworks related accidents.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission says fireworks kill an average of seven people each year, and send about 11,000 to the emergency room.
Can you pass our firework safety test?
1. Where do most firework injuries happen?
A. Family or private party
B. Street or other public place
C. Large public display
2. Which type of firework causes the most accidents?
A. Roman candle
3. Are men or women more likely to be injured by fireworks?
4. Which part of the body is most likely to be injured in firework accidents?
5. What should you do with your fireworks when you are done?
A. Hose them down
B. Leave them outside to cool off
Answers: A, B, A, A, C