Lawnmower sparks house fire near Skutt high school

Posted at 10:57 PM, Jul 18, 2017
and last updated 2017-07-18 23:59:56-04

A fire broke out near Skutt Catholic High School just before 8:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Smoke and flames were visible outside of the house, located near 157th & Valley streets, when firefighters arrived, according to witnesses at the scene.

Initial reports indicated that a lawnmower with a small gas tank on top of it caught fire under the deck, and the fire spread to the house. Fire damage appeared to be limited to the outside of the house, firefighters said.

Owners of the house were on the lawn with their dogs as firefighters worked the blaze. Omaha Police arrived at the scene and helped secure the family pets. 

No injuries were reported.