News

Actions

Man injured in Carter Lake garage fire

Posted at 4:48 PM, Dec 17, 2015
and last updated 2015-12-17 17:48:30-05

Firefighters say a garage across from their station caught fire, sending one man to the hospital with burns.

It happened around 12:30 p.m. near 11th and Locust in Carter Lake.

Investigators say the man was welding when a spark started the fire.

Crews were able to quickly put of the flames. The man went to the hospital for treatment, and is expected to survive.

Have you downloaded the new KMTV mobile app?  Get more great stories like this one, lightning fast radar, and instant alerts when breaking news is unfolding.

Download the free app for iPhone here and Android here.