On Monday, December 19, the United States Postal Service will experience its busiest mailing day of the year.
More than 1.5 million cards, letters and packages are expected to be mailed in Nebraska and Southwest Iowa, that's 62,000 pieces per hour, 1,000 per minute, or 17 per second.
To make shipping those packages easier, seven Nebraska postal locations will have Sunday retail hours on Dec.18:
* Omaha Main Post Office, 1124 Pacific St. - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Omaha Postal Impressions, 5436 S. 136th St. - 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
* Elkhorn Post Office, 20284 Wirt St. - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Fremont Post Office, 348 E. 6th St. - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Kearney Post Office, 2401 E Ave. - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Lincoln Post Office, 700 R St. -- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Norfolk Post Office, 1100 S. Pine Industrial Rd. - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.