OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) - In the middle of the day, in the heart of the summer, the Omaha Fire Department put out a house fire in Dundee while the heat index was around 100 degrees.
The fire mainly stuck on the second floor with crews fighting hard to make sure the blaze didn't seep into the attic, while also not overheating themselves.
The home is badly damaged, but battalion chief Matt Carmichael says it should be habitable again and nobody was injured.
"Luckily our crews got in there fast," he said. "Got it knocked down to help mitigate the need to be overheating so that helped a lot."