Omaha restaurants are partnering with United Way of Midlands to fight hunger this summer.
It's part of the "Silence the Growl" food tour which raises money to alleviate hunger in the Omaha metro area.
A portion of proceeds from restaurant sales will go to the United Way of Midlands for the program.
You can help by dining at any of these locations May 21st and May 22nd:
- Stirnella Bar and Kitchen in Blackstone
- Red Lion Lounge in Blackstone
- Early Bird Brunch in Blackstone
- The Blackstone Meatball
- Beacon Hills in Aksarben Village
- Pitch in Dundee and West O
- Eat Fit Go (five locations)
And these locations on Tuesday, May 22:
- Voodoo Taco in Aksarben
- Hook and Lime
- The Grey Plume in Midtown Crossing
Food Truck Thursday at Gene Leahy Mall is also donating proceeds on Thursday, May 24th.
According to a release, one in five children in Nebraska don't know when they'll get their next meal and 102,700 people in the Metro don't have enough food.