OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — UPDATE 8/25/2021
The Omaha Police Department said a suspect who was connected to a Sunday homicide near 83rd and Miami is now in custody.
28-year-old Brandon Boone was located Wednesday morning and arrested without incident and has been lodged at Douglas County Corrections.
According to the Douglas County Department of Corrections, Boone's bond was set at 10% of $15,000 and he faces the following charges:
- PI ACCIDENT-LEAVE SCENE-SER INJ/DEATH
- METH/AMPHET: -POSSESS
- WEAPON: USE TO COMMIT FELONY - GUN
- WEAPON: POSS BY PROHIBITED PERSON-GUN-1ST OF
- ARRESTED ON FELONY CAPIAS/BENCH WARRANT
- ARRESTED ON MISDEMEANOR CAPIAS/BENCH WARRANT
- BURGLAR TOOLS - POSSESSION
- DRUG PARAPHERNALIA-USE OR POSSESSION
- MURDER, 1ST DEGREE
- DAMAGE TO PROPERTY
PREVIOUS STORY 8/24/2021
According to Omaha Police, one person died following a Sunday evening shooting near 83rd and Miami streets. Officers arrived at the scene where they located 29-year-old Jamie Nau deceased.
On Tuesday afternoon, OPD identified the suspect as 28-year-old Brandon Boone and said a warrant has been issued for first-degree murder, use of a weapon to commit a felony, and possession of a weapon by a prohibited person.
OPD's investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is urged to call the OPD Homicide Unit at 402-444-5656.