OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — Omaha Public Power District has earned an honorable distinction for its commitment to proper tree planting and care.
The Arbor Day Foundation has named OPPD a Tree Line USA Utility for the 19th year.
Tree Line USA is a partnership between the foundation and the National Association of State Foresters. It recognizes public and private utilities for pursuing practices that protect and enhance America's urban trees. The criteria to be named a Tree Line include:
- Following industry standards for quality tree care
- Providing annual worker training in best tree-care practices
- Sponsoring a tree planting and public education program
- Maintaining a tree-based energy conservation program
- Participating in an Arbor Day celebration