For the third straight year, Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert will recommend an annexation package which includes increasing the City's tax base and population.
According to the release, seven SIDS are included, all are residential neighborhoods; one also has commercial development.
Officials say that Mayor Stothert's 2016 annexation goals are consistent with the previous years, the City's ability to provide police and fire protection, eliminate islands that are already surrounded by the city, and the annexation must be revenue positive for the city.
According to the release, the city's population will increase by approximately 6,052 based on the 2010 Census bring the total estimated population to 449,937.
"The additional revenue will allow us to continue investing in two important areas we are focused on, public safety and street improvements," said Mayor Stothert.
The proposed annexed areas include:
- High Point, SID 29, North of 204th and Dodge
- Elk valley, SID 458, South of 2054th and Dopdge
- Pacific Ridge SID 486, NW Corner 180th and Pacific
- Dickinson's Landing SID 385, SE corner 180th and F
- Autumn Grove SID 431, SW corner 156th and Q
- Western Oaks SID 389, Harrison to Berry, 161th Ave. to 169th St.
- Falcon Ridge SID, 392 NW corner of 180th and Harrison