“Road rage? Let the Wookiee win.”
That’s one six different “Star Wars” themed messages that are on Iowa roadway signs Monday, coinciding with the week the movie will premiere.
The Iowa Department of Transportation says in its weekly “Message Monday” update there have been 298 traffic deaths so far this year.
Below are the messages with a “Star Wars” touch to promote safe driving:
- “Awaken your inner force, focus on the road.”
- “Texting and Driving leads to the Dark Side.”
- “The force is strong with you, put down the phone.”
- “Be a rebel, not a clone, put down the phone.”
- “Road rage? Let the Wookiee win.”
There have been themed messages in the past. The week of Thanksgiving, the Iowa DOT’s signs read, “Buckling up can save your giblets.”
The “Star Wars” messages are also being used in Utah, Arizona and Colorado.