The events surrounding the death of Peru State student Tyler Thomas have been back in the spotlight after Joshua Keadle, the man convicted of raping Thomas, was charged with her murder last week.
Here is a timeline of the events surrounding the death of Thomas:
- December 2010: 19-year-old Tyler Thomas of Omaha goes missing at Peru State College. Her friends last saw her walking to her dorm after attending an off-campus party.
- December 2010: Police arrest Joshua Keadle after he tells them he picked up Thomas that night, had consensual sex with her and left her at a boat ramp along the Missouri River.
- December 2010: Keadle is charged with raping a different woman.
- April 2012: A jury convcits Keadle of rape and he is sentencted to 15 years in prison. Keadle is eligible for parole next year.
- November 2013: A judge declares Tyler Thomas dead. Her body has never been found.
- October 2017: State Attorney General Doug Peterson charges Keadle with the murder of Thomas.