OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — The holidays are approaching fast and with that...so are mailing deadlines. To help people make sure their packages arrive on time, three post offices in Omaha and six others in the state will be open on select Sundays.
“As we count down to the holidays, we know how demanding the season can be as we rush to get everything done on time,” said Reid. “Opening on Sundays will help our customers check holiday mailing off their to-do list.”
The locations that will be open, in Omaha, on December 1, 8, 15 and 22 are:
- Omaha Main, 1124 Pacific St. – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Postal Impressions, 5436 S. 136th St. – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Retail only – no passports)
- Elkhorn Post Office, 20284 Wirt St – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
They expect to deliver more than 15 billion pieces of mail this holiday season and around 850 million packages.
In addition to the Omaha locations, they say other offices in Nebraska will also be open:
- Fremont Post Office, 348 E. 6th St. – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Kearney Post Office, 2401 E Ave. – 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Lincoln Post Office, 700 R St. – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- McCook Post Office, 411 W. 3rd St. – Noon to 4 p.m.
- Norfolk Post Office, 1100 S. Pine Industrial Rd. – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Scottsbluff Post Office, 112 W. 20th St. – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The postal service says packaging materials will be available on-site for purchase and wants to remind people that they can also get those items online.