Six candidates have submitted letters of intent to run for two openings on the Westside Community Schools Board of Education
A caucus will be held on Feb. 1 to narrow that list down to four individuals who will be on the primary ballot on May 18.
Here is a list of the candidates:
- Sean Conway: Omaha attorney and member of the Executive Committee and Omaha Bar Association. Has two daughters who attend Loveland Elementary.
- Doug Krenzer: Omaha attorney who was appointed to the Westside Board of Education in the fall of 2016. Has three children who attend school in the district.
- Jill Novotny: Teacher at Omaha Northwest, resident of Oakdale neighborhood.
- Steven Taylor: Westside graduate, CEO of Anvilhead Studios .
- Megan Van Gelder: Academic Program Coordinator for the School of Public Administration at UNO, President of the Westside Alumni Association.
More information on the candidates can be found here .