OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) - Gov. Pete Ricketts was among speakers at Frank Stoysich Meats on Monday as part of an effort to declare March 20 Meat on the Menu Day in Nebraska.
Meat on the Menu Day encourages Nebraskans to purchase and eat meat to demonstrate support for Nebraska agriculture, while highlighting the role of meat in a healthy diet.
The declaration is in response to “MeatOUT” Day, a promotion sponsored by people working to end meat consumption and animal agriculture.
In addition to Ricketts, the following people also spoke Monday:
- Steve Wellman – Nebraska Department of Agriculture Director
- Amber Pankonin – Registered Dietitian/Personal Chef, Stirlist.com
- Mark McHargue – Nebraska Farm Bureau President
- Ansley Fellers – Nebraska Grocery Industry Association Executive Director
- Bill Rhea – Nebraska Cattlemen President
- Al Juhnke – Nebraska Pork Producers Executive Director
- John Wade – Nebraska Restaurant Association President
Watch below or on our Facebook page.