NIOBRARA, Neb. (KMTV) — The State of Nebraska and FEMA are set to open a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) in the Santee Sioux Nation to assist those recovering from floods.
Recovery specialists from FEMA and the U.S. Small Business Association (SBA) will be on location to provide information on services available, explain programs to help in assistance and help survivors complete and check on the status of their applications.
Nebraska residents in Santee Sioux Nation and Antelope, Boone, Boyd, Buffalo, Burt, Butler, Cass, Colfax, Cuming, Custer, Dodge, Douglas, Hall, Howard, Knox, Madison, Nance, Nemaha, Pierce, Platte, Richardson, Saline, Sarpy, Saunders, Stanton, Thurston and Washington counties can apply for assistance for uninsured and under-insured damage or losses due to flooding in March.
The DRC is located here:
Santee Health and Wellness Center(Lower level, shelter room)
110 S. Visiting Eagle St.
Niobrara, NE 68760
Open April 23 through April 27
9 a.m. to 6 p.m. CDT
How to register with FEMA, according to a press release from the State of Nebraska:
- Online, visit www.DisasterAssistance.gov. [disasterassistance.gov]
- On a smart phone, download the FEMA app and click on “disaster resources,” then “apply for assistance online.”
- By phone, call FEMA’s toll-free registration line at 800-621-3362 or 800-462-7585 (TTY). Telephone registration is available from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. CDT seven days a week.
- Visit a Disaster Recovery Center and speak to a FEMA specialist one-on-one. To find the nearest DRC visit: FEMA.gov/DRC [fema.gov], or text DRC along with a ZIP code to 43362, or call the Disaster Assistance Helpline at 800-621-3362 or 800-462-7585 (TTY)
Applicants requesting disaster assistance should have the following information on hand:
· Address of the damaged primary residence
· Description of the damage
· Information about insurance coverage
· A current contact telephone number
· An address where they can receive mail
· Bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit of funds