NewsCommunityVista SemanalLocal

Actions

House fire leads to dog rescue, death of multiple cats

Posted: 8:47 PM, May 01, 2019
Updated: 2019-05-02 01:48:33Z
Two Ohio firefighters on paid leave for allegedly making porn at fire station

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — The Omaha Fire Department (OFD) rescued one dog and found multiple deceased cats during a house fire Wednesday afternoon.

OFD arrived at 2441 Vane St at 12:41 p.m. after reports of light smoke coming from the second story of the structure.

A fire was discovered in a second story bedroom and was extinguished, a press release from OFD says. No residents were home at the time of the fire.

One dog was rescued from the scene, while multiple cats were found deceased during search efforts.

The cause of the fire is deemed accidental due to unattended candles left burning.

Smoke detectors were not present.

The public is advised that smoke detectors are available and can be installed for free from OFD. Call 402-444-3560 for more information.