OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Tuesday, KMTV will update this story with the latest details. You can find our full coronavirus coverage here.
NEBRASKA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONAL SERVICES
- 1 staff member of the Nebraska State Penitentiary tested positive for COVID-19, Director Frakes announced Tuesday
CENTRAL DISTRICT HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- 990 cases in health jurisdiction
- 25 deaths
- 9 cases in Merrick County
- 48 cases in Hamilton County
- 933 cases in Hall County
- 16 new cases for a total of 505
- 44 patients hospitalized
- 582 surge beds available
- 348 ventilators of which 103 are in use
- No new deaths. 15 COVID-19-related deaths to date
- 70 people have recovered
Mayor Leirion Gaylor Baird and the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) announced 1 new case of COVID-19 had been reported on Tuesday afternoon.
- The community total remains at 157 cases: 77 are believed to be community-spread, 18 travel-related, 11 through direct contact and 50 have unknown origins.
- 3,249 tests have been conducted.
- The community has had 1 death related to COVID-19.
- 508 additional positive cases for a total of 6,376 positive cases
- An additional 1,165 negative tests for a total of 33,447 negative tests to date
- 9 deaths for a total of 136 to date
- 304 are currently hospitalized
- 2,164 Iowans have recovered
- 1 in 79 Iowans have already been tested
The Iowa Department of Public Health provided the following information on the people who died:
- Black Hawk County, 1 elderly adult (81+)
- Linn County, 2 older adults (61-80 years)
- Muscatine County, 1 elderly adult (81+)
- Polk County, 3 elderly adults (81+), 1 older adult (61-80 years)
- Story County, 1 elderly adult (81+)
- Cases remain at 31
- 17 individuals have recovered
- 13 are self-isolating at home
- 0 are hospitalized
- 1 death