OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Monday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find our full coronavirus coverage here.
- 120 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 10,593 since the outbreak began in March.
- Last week’s positivity test rate was 11.1% compared to 9.4% for the previous week.
- No new deaths. The total number of deaths in the county remains at 134.
- 6,961 county residents have recovered from the illness.
- 302 medical and surgical beds available for a 78% occupancy rate.
- There were 99 inpatients diagnosed with COVID-19 and 35 additional persons of interest (generally waiting for test results).
- 18 individuals who are confirmed to have COVID-19 were on ventilators.
LINCOLN-LANCASTER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- 45 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Lancaster County today, bringing the community total to 3,163.
- The number of deaths in the community remains at 15.
- Recoveries are up from 1,279 to 1,315.
- Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 21 with 10 from Lancaster County (three on ventilators) and 11 from other communities.
#coronavirus— Courtney Johns (@CourtneyJohnsTV) August 3, 2020
The state of Iowa has passed 33,000 cases with five new deaths. Here is a look at the latest numbers.
879 total deaths
321 new cases
45,802 total cases
33,115 recovered pic.twitter.com/qBHFTd56dL
- New Confirmed Cases - 4
- Total Confirmed Positive Cases - 79
- Recovered Cases 38
- Reported Number Tested 2655
- Positivity Rate 3.1%