OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Wednesday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find our full coronavirus coverage here.
- 79 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total to 10,802 since the outbreak began in March.
- 1 new death reported, bringing total number of cases to 135. The Douglas County Health Department reported that a man in his 50s was the newest death.
- DCHD has confirmed 7,1674 county residents have recovered from the illness.
- Area hospitals had 285 medical and surgical beds available for an 80% occupancy rate.
- There were 97 inpatients diagnosed with COVID-19 and 35 additional persons of interest (generally waiting for test results).
- 19 individuals who are confirmed to have COVID-19 were on ventilators.
DOUGLAS COUNTY ENGINEERS HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT
- Four employees have tested positive for COVID-19
- As a result of contact tracing, 23 employees of the department are in quarantine
LINCOLN-LANCASTER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- A 17th resident has died from COVID-19 in Lincoln involving a woman in her 90s who was hospitalized
- 20 additional cases were reported in Lancaster County on Wednesday for a total of 3,215 cases
THREE RIVERS PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- Dodge County: 789 cases
- Saunders County: 145 cases
- Washington County: 110 cases
- Total 3RPHD Case Count: 1044 cases
NEBRASKA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONAL SERVICES
- A staff member at the Tecumseh State Correctional Institution has tested positive for COVID-19
- They are now self-isolating at home
- 41 NDCS employees have tested positive total
- 31 of the individuals have recovered