OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Wednesday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find our full coronavirus coverage here.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- The Health Department reported 140 new cases of COVID-19. That brings the total number of cases in Douglas County to 8,422 since the outbreak began in March.
- The Health Department received three new death certificates related to COVID-19 during the past day. A woman in her 50s and two men more than 80 years of age have sadly passed. That makes 111 deaths in the county that are linked to the pandemic.
- The department has confirmed 5,177 of the cases among county residents have recovered from the illness. That is around 60 percent.
THREE RIVERS PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- Dodge County: 717 cases
- Saunders County: 96 cases
- Washington County: 63 cases
- Total 3RPHD Case Count: 876 cases
- As of Wednesday afternoon, local hospitals reported 300 medical beds were available and 69 patients were hospitalized with COVID-19.
- Of the 363 ventilators available to area hospitals, 121 were in use, including 16 for confirmed COVID-19 patients.
SIENA FRANCIS HOUSE
- A guest receiving services in the men's emergency shelter tested positive for COVID-19