OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Friday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find our full coronavirus coverage here.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
The Douglas County Health Department reported 112 new coronavirus cases on Thursday, pushing the total to 8,534 since the start of the outbreak. The county also reported two new death certificates related to coronavirus, a man in his 50s and a man in his 70s. That makes 113 deaths in the county that are linked to the pandemic. 5,341 of the cases among county residents have recovered from the illness.
On Friday, Douglas County reported 59 additional cases and no new deaths. 5,450 of the cases among county residents have recovered from the illness.
THREE RIVER HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- 888 new cases have been reported: Dodge County- 720 cases, Saunders County- 97 cases, Washington County- 71 cases
- 231 medical beds were available, and 66 patients were hospitalized with COVID-19.
- Of the 363 ventilators available to area hospitals,129 were in use, including 16 for confirmed COVID-19 patients.
#coronavirus— Courtney Johns (@CourtneyJohnsTV) July 17, 2020
The state of Iowa is reporting a record number of nearly 900 new cases. We haven't seen this many cases in months. Here's a look at the latest data:
5 new deaths
782 total deaths
879 new cases
37,616 total cases
27,551 recovered pic.twitter.com/tHzqUSCHdW
- 3 new cases for a total of 58 cases
- 34 citizens have recovered
- 2,253 have been tested