OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Thursday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find our full coronavirus coverage here.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- The Health Department reported 50 new cases of COVID-19. That brings the total number of cases in Douglas County to 7,330 from the outbreak since it began in March.
- The Health Department received one new death certificate related to COVID-19 during the past day. A man in his fifties has passed. The total deaths linked to the pandemic in Douglas County now total 92.
- DCHD has confirmed 3,617 county residents have recovered from the illness.
LINCOLN-LANCASTER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- Mayor Leirion Gaylor Baird and the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) announced that 15 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Lincoln today, bringing the community total to 1,766.
- The number of deaths in the community remains at 13.
#coronavirus— Courtney Johns (@CourtneyJohnsTV) July 2, 2020
The state of Iowa is reporting more than 650 new coronvirus cases. Here's a look at the latest numbers
0 new deaths
717 total deaths
145 currently hospitalized
675 new cases
29,965 total cases
23,781 recovered pic.twitter.com/o6gdstogoF
- New Confirmed Cases - 2
- Total Confirmed Positive Cases - 36
- Recovered Cases - 32
- Reported Number Tested - 1957
- Pottawattamie County Public Health (PCPH) confirmed 25 new COVID-19 cases. Three of the individuals are from Crescent, one is from Neola, and the others are from Council Bluffs. These individuals were tested between June 25 and July 1.
- 9,593 Pottawattamie County residents have been tested for COVID-19, with 718 (7.5%) testing positive.