OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Wednesday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find our full coronavirus coverage here.
LINCOLN-LANCASTER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- A fifth resident has died from COVID-19 in Lincoln.
- Ten more lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Lincoln today, bringing the community total to 698.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- 110 new cases of COVID-19 in the county for a total of 1,911 since the start of the outbreak.
- Two additional deaths for a total of 23 to date.
- 477 medical surge beds available and 116 patients hospitalized.
- As of Wednesday night, 120 of 374 ventilators were in use, including 42 for confirmed COVID-19 patients.
Open Door Mission
- On Thursday morning, the Open Door Mission announced that seven more people had tested positive for COVID-19 in the second round of testing by the National Guard. The cases are in two staff members and five guests of the mission.
- This brings the mission's total to 25 cases. Another 25 tests are still waiting results according to the mission.
- The mission says at risk guests have been moved to nearby hotels, while wellness checks and temperature checks are be performed on guests still at the facility.
The latest case numbers out of Iowa:
- 386 new cases for a total of 13,675 total cases to date
- 12 new deaths for a total of 318 total deaths to date
- 6,231 recovering 405 currently hospitalized
- 25 new COVID-19 cases. Twenty of the new cases are residents of Council Bluffs, four are from Carter Lake, and one is from Oakland. Four of the cases are children (0-18), nine individuals are 18-40 years old, nine are 41-60 years old, one is 61-80 years old, and two are elderly adults (80>). These individuals were tested between May 2 and May 13.
- The total of COVID-19 cases in Pottawattamie County is now 131.
- Currently, 77 individuals are self-isolating, one is hospitalized, 50 have recovered, one has moved out-of-state, and there have been two deaths.
- Based on PCPH contact tracing investigations, 46 Pottawattamie County COVID-19 cases are the result of community spread.