OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Friday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find our full coronavirus coverage here.
To date, statewide:
- 13,261 positive cases
- 164 deaths
- 95,187 total tests and 81,542 negative tests
- Cases of COVID-19 in the county have increased to 3,919 from Thursday’s total of 3,769. That’s an increase of 150 cases from the previous day’s report.
- Douglas County also is reporting three additional deaths, all of them women over 65 years of age, bringing the total to 37 lives lost in the county from the outbreak.
- As of Thursday night, local hospitals in the metro area reported 431 medical and surgical beds were available for a 71 percent capacity rate and 159 patients were hospitalized with COVID-19. Of the 376 ventilators available to area hospitals, 122 were in use, including 47 for confirmed COVID-19 patients. DCHD has confirmed 713 county residents have recovered from the illness.
- Four deaths reported
- 609 positive cases to date according to Nebraska's COVID-19 dashboard
THREE RIVERS PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- Dodge County: 442 cases
- Saunders County: 34 cases
- Washington County: 28 cases
- Total case count for all counties served: 504 cases
20 more people have died from the coronavirus in Iowa.— Courtney Johns (@CourtneyJohnsTV) May 29, 2020
Here’s a look at the latest numbers:
290 new cases
18,782 total cases
376 currently hospitalized#coronavirus pic.twitter.com/5AjurvucnM
- 12 new COVID-19 cases
- One additional death for a total of eight to date